FAMILY DAY at UCR ARTS
In Person Event
Join us for an afternoon of free art activities, tours, films, and music! The California Museum of Photography is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year so it’s the perfect time to explore early photographic processes through hands-on activities and see the extensive collection of cameras and photographs! Don’t miss the exhibition of photographs by Inland Empire middle school and high school students inspired by photographic artist, Christina Fernandez, on view at the CMP third floor and check out the walk-in Camera Obscura room! Watch documentary shorts created by high school students from the Off the Block Documentary Filmmaking Workshop in the Culver Screening Room!
1-4pm – Art Activities in the Atrium with Gluck Fellows
- Cyanotypes (sun prints) with Gluck Fellow Sarah Faulk
- Button making with Gluck Fellow Thalia Williamson
- Tote bag drawing with Gluck Fellow Lily Felsenthal
- Blackout poetry table with Gluck Fellow Rachel Whitfield
- Early photography realia table by the UCR Visual Resources Center with Sonja Sekely-Rowland
- Early 3D viewers with Keystone-Mast Stereo Collection
1-4pm – Walk-in Camera Obscura room
1-4pm – Documentary shorts created by Inland SoCal high school students from OFF THE BLOCK Documentary Film Workshop
1:30-3:30pm – Spanish guitar by Gluck Fellow Pedro Lopez de la Osa
2:00pm – Tour of CMP at 50 exhibition led by Gluck Fellow Elizabeth Carleton
Family Day at UCR ARTS is supported by the Gluck Fellows Program of the Arts at UC Riverside. The Gluck Fellows Program is made possible by the generosity of the Max H. Gluck Foundation.