Get involved at UCR ARTS by volunteering! There are many opportunities to donate your time to UCR ARTS whether as a docent or volunteer. Docents are volunteer tour guides who share their passion for photography and contemporary art while helping visitors connect with artworks. Docents are trained to lead tours that are conversational and interactive for K-12 school groups, college students, and adult groups. Other volunteer opportunities include assisting with education programs for families, special events, visitor services, art registration and research, art preparation, and in various behind-the-scenes areas of UCR ARTS.
- Opportunities to learn more about art and the inner workings of a museum.
- Free tickets to films at the Culver Center.
- Volunteer appreciation events.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be dependable, have excellent customer service skills, and a desire to learn.
- A background in the arts is welcomed but not required! We look for applicants with diverse backgrounds.
- For docent applicants, prior experience leading group conversations, public speaking, or teaching is preferred.
- Must pass a background check.
- Docents must attend required trainings and volunteer twice a month.
We are currently recruiting the 2022-2023 docent class! Applications are due June 30. More information is provided in the docent application.
Questions? Contact Lindsey Hammel, Associate Director of Education and Public Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.